HOW IT FEELS TO GET LOST IN A BOOK!

 



'HOW IT FEELS TO GET LOST IN A BOOK!' 

#WriteAPageADay






How it feels to get lost in a book?

I said as I looked deeper into her eyes,

Drenched with the thirst of finding the answer.

 

Her lips surrounded with the drops of coffee;

Her tongue wipes them off as her eyes stay fixed in mine.

Her heart forgot to experience the taste of the coffee,

With her keen observation on my eyes.

 

She stood still for a minute, her eyes invading me, I suppose.

A large obstacle, as she waves her hand, to stop my act.

My eyes lose its search half way.

I look at her and ask, what have you done?

she asks me the same question in return,

I look at her annoyed.

She smiles and points out the cold turned coffee,

And says, you found the answer.

I look at her puzzled.

 

She fetches to the kitchen to bring in another cup of coffee,

Have this, she says.

He holds them as his eyes looks into mine,

How it feels to get lost in a book?

She asks him the question again.

He looks at her with eyes filled with curiosity.

Oh, my lovely husband! Stop your romance!

I ain’t the book! She exclaims.

Oh! He exclaims and hugs her saying,

I found the answer!

You are the book, my favorite book!


-AJOLA GANESAN  

Comments